Application fields for Mobilize, Inspire, and Connect Award Categories
To help plan your application, please review the application questions below. If you would like to access this information in other languages, please use the translate option on the page.
The 2022 application categories are:
Mobilize: Initiatives that mobilize hundreds of thousands, or even millions of individuals, to take action for the SDGs. Initiatives with high impact, typically involving collective and coordinated actions that mobilize people to flip the script on how we achieve 2030 Agenda.
Inspire: Initiatives that harness the power of creativity and/or innovation to inspire a shift in behaviour for the SDGs. Initiatives and inspirational campaigns that flip the script and demonstrate impact on shifting individual behavior and/or public policies.
Connect: Initiatives that connect diverse partners, bridging the gap between citizens and institutions, to increase progress on the SDGs. Initiatives that flip the script on how people, organizations, and institutions connect with each other to harness commitments and accountability towards the SDGs.
How to Apply
To apply for an SDG Action Award please prepare a response to each section of the application form. All sections and questions are mandatory, except for those marked as ‘optional’. Only complete applications will be considered by the selection committee. Please note that the strongest entries will offer clear supporting evidence, such as photos and videos and endorsements from participants in your initiative.
This form has been prepared to assist applicants to prepare their application before submitting via the online application form if needed. For applicants encountering challenges with access to the internet, this form can be completed and sent in by post. Please see the instructions at the end if you need to submit a postal application.
- Contact Information
Contact Information: Information you provide here will not be visible to the public.
Focal Point Name
Focal Point Email
- Basic Information
Name/Title of the initiative
Country where your initiative is implemented
Team/organization behind the initiative
What type of organization is leading the initiative?
- Civil Society Organization
- Creative Industries
- International Organization
- Local/Regional Government
- National Government
Social Media handles of organization/initiative
Link to your website or other digital platforms (optional)
How did you hear about the SDG Action Awards?
- Social Media
- UN SDG Action Campaign Newsletter
- UN SDG Action Campaign Website
- Word of mouth
- Recommendation from a colleague/partner
- Newsletter from a network you are a part of
Category to which you are applying
- Mobilize: Initiatives that mobilize hundreds of thousands, or even millions of individuals, to take action for the SDGs. Initiatives with high impact,typically involving collective and coordinated actions that mobilize people to flip the script on how we achieve 2030 Agenda.
- Inspire: Initiatives that harness the power of creativity and/or innovation to inspire a shift in behaviour for the SDGs. Initiatives and inspirational campaigns that flip the script and demonstrate impact on shifting individual behavior and/or public policies.
- Connect: Initiatives that connect diverse partners, bridging the gap between citizens and institutions, to increase progress on the SDGs. Initiatives that flip the script on how people, organizations, and institutions connect with each other to harness commitments and accountability towards the SDGs.
How is your initiative a good fit for the selected category for this award
Which of the SDGs does your initiative focus on
- List of SDGs 1-17
- All SDGs
- The Story of Your Initiative
Flip the Script is the idea of doing things differently to achieve real impact.
Pitch us your initiative: (up to 200 words)
- What is the aim of this initiative, when and how did it begin, what problem/challenge are you targeting?
- What is the process/How do you do what you do?
- What is the impact/What have you achieved?
- How is your initiative innovative/transformative?
- How can your initiative go to scale? Has your initiative been replicated elsewhere?
How is your initiative ‘Flipping the Script’ and rewriting the story on what is possible? What new narrative does it have the power to create?(100 words)
- Review criteria
- Impact: What is the impact of the initiative? (e.g. numbers of people mobilized, number of sectors involved, policies/legislation/budgets impacted, tangible shifts in behaviors) (200 words)
- Approach: How innovative is this initiative’s strategy? Is it a breakthrough idea, are you approaching things in a totally new way? Is the initiative also engaging those at risk of being left behind? (200 words)
- Scalability/Replicability: Does this initiative have the potential to be scaled up and/or be replicated in other contexts to accelerate the achievement of the Goals? Is there any evidence that scaling up or replication is already taking place? (200 words)
- How would winning a UN SDG Action Award affect the initiative? Have you already received recognition or awards? (200 words)
- Video Pitch
Using your written pitch from ‘The Story of your Initiative’ section, please create and share a short powerful video about your initiative. Up to 2 minutes in landscape mode. Please paste the link to the video viewing platform – such as Vimeo or YouTube, with open viewing accessibility
- Supporting content
Please upload up to 3 photos that help visualize the initiative and its impact. Please also link any additional videos that you feel help to tell the story of your initiative – ensuring there is open viewing access.
- References and Evidence
Supporting Documentation: Please share links to articles, Social media feeds, public recognition or public comments that confirm the impact of your initiative. (optional)
Supporting Videos: Please also link any additional videos that you feel help to tell the story of your initiative
Recommendation Letters: Please provide us with a recommendation letter from a partner who can confirm the scope and impact of the initiative. All recommendation letters should be a maximum of 1 page in length and include the name, position, signature and contact information of the referee. Please use official letterhead. Please request that your referee address some or all of the following points in their recommendation letter:
- In what capacity do you know the applicant, and for how long?
- Describe the applicant’s commitment to, and engagement with, the SDGs.
- Describe how the applicant’s initiative has had an outstanding impact on the achievement of the SDGs.
- Is the approach innovative? Does it have the potential to be scaled up and replicated? Is it being scaled up or replicated already?
- Why are you supporting this initiative?
- How could an SDG Action Award impact this initiative?
- Terms and Conditions
I consent to my personal data being stored and processed for the purpose of SDG Action Awards program. The contents submitted in this form may be used for public promotion, however personal data will be protected. I also consent to my data being used by the UN SDG Action Campaign for establishing contact. I will be given the option to unsubscribe from future mailings unrelated to the SDG Action Awards. My data will not be used for commercial purposes. I may withdraw my consent to the use of my personal data at any time by contacting email@example.com.
- By submitting this form, I agree to the above-stated Terms and Conditions.
Now that you have prepared your application – please submit each response here (ADD APPLY BUTTON)
Offline applications may be submitted by applicants in cases where access to the online application form is not accessible to individuals experiencing bandwidth limitations.
OFFLINE APPLICATION DOWNLOAD BUTTON
To submit an offline application please send all documentation by post to the address below before the application deadline. Only applications which are postmarked on or before the application deadline will be considered by the selection committee. Please note that all postal fees are the responsibility of the applicant.
Application Deadline: 1 May 2022, with the application portal closing at 11:59 EST.
Application Mailing Address:
United Nations SDG Action Campaign
SDG Action Awards
Platz der Vereinten Nationen 1
53113 Bonn, Germany